Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wow...... it's the last week already?

So in regards to improving my writing........  I feel pretty confident that I know what areas need attending to.  For some reason I just can't seem to perfect APA format.  I don't know why I struggle with it, but I find it very frustrating.  I also think that I need to learn how to strengthen a thesis statement.  In unit 9, we submitted our projects and my topic was on the effect of eating disorders mainly focusing on Hollywood and the media's influences on that.  I was a little bit disappointed with the grade that I received but after reading the comments from the professor I understood why I received that grade.  It also solidifies the fact that I am aware of what areas need strengthening.  I sometimes find it hard to leave out information that may not need to be there.  I had a hard time on my paper because there was so much information that I wanted to (and did) include discussing statistics and information on eating disorders.  However none of that really pertained to my thesis abut Hollywood and the media being partly to blame.  I felt I needed to include it though because I wanted to put extra emphasis and understanding on  just how terrible eating disorders can be.  All in all I feel relieved that that paper is over though lol, I will learn from the mistakes that I made on this one and strive to do better in the future on other writing assignments.  It's been fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment