Sunday, May 30, 2010

UUGGGGHHH

So has anyone ever dealt with property management???  It is one big headache, let me tell you!  My aunt had asked me to do her a favor and take over managing her apartment building (8 units) while she was away on business in Iran for 3 months.  She assured me that it would be nothing more than getting a few calls a month regarding clogged sinks, a toilet that won't flush.... things of that nature.  Since it's my aunt and she said she would pay me for my time I thought why not how hard can it be?  Two days after she left I received notice from 2 of the tenants that they would be moving out.  Great....  Ok I can handle that.  Now Ive found tenants to replace the old ones however accommodating to their numerous demand has been awful!  I had to do credit checks, rental agreements...  And on top of that purchase new appliances!  I am exhausted with this, it's something that I had no idea how to deal with.  Wow so that is my past couple of weeks in a nutshell.... lol oh and I got a call from another tenant yesterday that she will be moving out at the end of next month yay... lol  What a headache this has been

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hanna,

    It sounds like you have been busy the last couple of weeks. I love to help out my family too! Unfortunately, it looks like your best intentions have created more work for you. I am so sorry! It's the worst feeling when you are trying your best to juggle everything and it never seems enough!
    Hopefully, after this last tenant leaves, that will be it until your aunt comes back.
    Just keep saying to yourself, it is almost over AND I will not do it again! HaHa! Just kidding. Best of luck to you and I hope things get better for you!

    Missie

    ReplyDelete